DIY at Home Teeth Straightening
For those of you looking to straighten your teeth in the comfort of your own home, you’re in luck!
DIY at home teeth straightening methods are on the rise of popularity.
Let’s face it, if the possibility of skipping those trips to the dentist to have the old-fashioned, bracketed and wired braces we would skip it!
What are Invisible Aligners?
Invisible aligners can help correct many oral issues from
- Help correct an overbite
- Align widely-spaced teeth
- Help straighten Crooked teeth
- And most minor realignment needs
People with more extensive or severe oral issues should find a primary dentist and maintain a routine dental plan.
Braces and invisible aligners are both used to improve the appearance of your smile as well as maintain overall oral health. There are a few benefits of choosing invisible aligners over braces. With invisible aligners:
- The trays are removable; able to be cleaned often
- They’re less noticeable
- More comfortability (because who wants wires and rubber bands in their mouth?)
- Cleanings at the dentist are much easier
Top 3 DIY at Home Teeth Straightening Products
1. Smile Direct Club
This company has a pretty cool set up when it comes to working in the comfort of your own home, not to mention the pricing is very affordable.
Our smile is very important to us, it can change the way we see ourselves. There are three easy steps in how this product works so let’s break them down.
- Smile Direct Club will make a 3D impression of your teeth; doing it at home they will send you an impression kit and build it from that mold. They even pay for shipping the mold back or will come pick it up!
- Once your 3D smile is made, a duly licensed dentist or orthodontist will be reviewed; they will be working with you checking in every 90 days until all treatments are completed. On average, these treatments last about six months.
- Then, you will be sent a preview of how your teeth will change; delivery of your aligners as well as a premium teeth whiting as a bonus to show off your results!
Let’s face it; we all want extra white teeth! With the Smile Direct Club, you don’t have to worry about monthly shipments, your entire treatment will ship all in one box.
The best part about this company is you will get FREE overnight shipping, and they will guarantee results. If it turns out these invisible aligners aren’t working for you, they will refund your money.
Just like the Smile Direct Club this company has a similar set up to how it works at home. The process seems to be just as easy and all fitting into one box to get you started.
- First, you’ll answer a few simple questions about your teeth and what results you’re looking for
- You’ll receive an impression kit and everything you need to do it at home in one box
- Directions in a conformation email for taking pictures of your teeth (for a more accurate invisible aligner)
- Send impression back (prepaid shipping label is included)
The Snap Correct Company has a clearer and less opaque invisible aligner. The edges of this aligner are also contoured to the teeth, unlike the raised boarder of the Smile Direct Club. This might make this product more intriguing to people.
SnapCorrect will ship your box of custom aligners to you within a month after the initial impressions are made and sent back. Your treatments will typically range from 3 to 18 months.
ClearCorrect is slightly different from the other two DIY mentions above. ClearCorrect works with a 3D modeling technology that is sent right from your dentist. Because this advance in technology ClearCorrect can ensures a perfect fit for your teeth.
What’s the cost of ClearCorrect?
- ClearCorrect comes in two forms of treatments
- Limited treatment and full treatment
- Limited treatment can cost you up to $3,000
- Full treatment can cost you up to $5,000
This is the most expensive of the three options by far, if budget is an issue this is probably not the option for you.
The benefit of ClearCorrect is that the first fitting and treatment decision is factored by your dentist to ensure you get the proper care for your teeth. Being as this treatment is administered by your dentist or orthodontist it will be the most effective route.
What is the Best Invisible Aligner for me?
- Smile Direct Club is the most affordable for those concerned about the price. This company is very affordable, have had amazing results and reviews, all while being able to realign your smile in the comfort of your home.
- SnapCorrect seems to be the company with the “best fit” because of their technology used matched with the images of your teeth. SnapCorrect ensures a comfortable proper fit because they believe that is priority. Which can’t we all agree that is the most important in realigning your teeth?
- ClearCorrect is the most effective due to their technology and working directly with your orthodontist; this is also the more expensive route. This company also has many options for treatment which gives a more personal design, ultimately giving you the best results.
Choosing to use an at home DIY kit without seeing a dentist in person you will run the risk of developing more dental risks due to potentially incorrectly straightened teeth.
Results are not always guaranteed when you skip out on making an in-person impression of your teeth.
It’s also very important to remember that none of these at home aligners should replace your dentist or orthodontist, especially if you have severe dental issues.
These aligners should only be used to help with minor alignment or dental issues. It is always suggested to consult with a professional before making any decisions.
All the companies listed above have a customer service line, where a trained and licensed professional can help determine if you are a good candidate for their products.